John Deere Winter Grill Cover AM145350This John Deere Winter Grill Cover AM145350 from Green Farm parts online store is sold at a discount price every day. Our online coupons, competitive shipping and customer rewards program saves you money over any other John Deere parts source.
Winter grille covers are available as an accessory for Select Series™ X300 and air-cooled* X500 Multi-
- Faster engine warm-up and higher winter operating temperature
- Prevents the engine carburetor from 'icing-up' while blowing or blading snow, or
during similar applications, when operating in certain cold weather conditions
- Elastic straps make installation and removal quick and easy
*The winter grille cover is recommended only for air-cooled tractors; use of the winter grille cover on a
liquid-cooled tractor may cause the engine to overheat, which will cause the power take-off (PTO) to disengage.
NOTE: To avoid engine damage, the winter grille cover must be removed when outside temperature reaches 40°F (4°C) or higher.
The purpose of the winter grille cover is to seal the side vents on the
hood; they need to be blocked completely. The cover must be aligned
properly to accomplish this. If the sides are not sealed,
carburetor icing may still be a problem.
Symptoms of carburetor icing:
- While blowing snow in freezing temperatures, the engine
gradually loses power, emits black smoke from exhaust, misses, stalls,
and fouls spark plugs.
- If the tractor is left outside in freezing temperatures after
blowing snow, the choke may not move when trying to start the engine.
- Engine will start after sitting outside in freezing
temperatures, but runs poorly and lacks power; black smoke may be
emitted through the exhaust.
- X500 (SN 020001- )
- X534 (SN 060001- )
Direct replacement for AM136691